The Affordable Care Act (ACA) was signed into law by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010. Often referred to as Obamacare, the law establishes minimum standards for health insurance policies and mandates that everyone purchase some form of health insurance. One of the primary goals of Obamacare is the expansion of coverage to individuals who were previously unable to purchase insurance due to pre-existing conditions.
Applicants can shop for health insurance online through our marketplace to obtain the required health insurance coverage and avoid paying a penalty. Please contact us to learn more about the next open enrollment period.
For Businesses: Are you in Compliance with the ACA?
We have tools that can help you with the following:
- Affordable Care Act Dashboard to track your performance with various areas of the law.
- Report list of employees who meet employer-defined benefit eligibility rules.
- Employee and dependent plan enrollments; including auditing data like age limit and overage dependent details.
- Supplemental report to track variable hour employees who qualify to be offered benefit enrollment, which status shall be determined during any Administrative Period (period of time between the Measurement Period and Stability Period), if applicable.
- Report data to provide managers and supervisors a quick real-time update of who is approaching 30 hours of service per week and full-time status under the ACA.
- Detailed report data on total hours for each employee to perform the full-time equivalency calculation for the applicable large employer determination under the ACA.