What is Human Resources?
Many ask this question in order to better understand what type of value it can bring an organization. Simply put, it is the heartbeat of a company and holds the important function of ensuring that employment liabilities are minimized and essentially, operating any organization.
Business owners and executives are recognizing the significant impact Human Resources makes to their bottom line. The objective of Human Resources is to maximize the return on investment from the organization’s human capital and minimize financial risk. It is responsible for conducting these activities in an effective, legal, fair, and consistent manner. Some examples include:
- On and Off-Site HR Administration
- Human Resources Start-Up Packages
- Compliance Reviews (i.e. HR & I9 Audits)
- Employee Handbooks/Policies & Procedures
- Employee Relations/Internal Investigations
- Employee Terminations
- In-house labor and employment counsel consultations
- Recruitment Strategy Planning
- Hiring Processes(recruitment)
- Training and Development
- Performance Evaluations and Management
- Employee Relations
- Benefit Reviews, Analysis and Adminstration
- Record keeping of all personal data
- Compensation, bonuses etc.
- Confidential advice to internal ‘customers’ in relation to problems at work
As companies move forward in the 21st century, Human Resources has become a strategic partner by directly impacting business, its products and its profitability.
In applying these strategic guidelines, LINQ HR Solutions provides a great return on investment for any organization and adds tremendous value to operational excellence.